I’ve finally found a moment or twenty to check out and set up an account at issuu.com, a free publishing website which allows users to upload and share their self-created books, magazines, portfolios and giveaway PDFs. It’s long been a goal of mine to be able to offer photos in a larger format online, without copyright notices but in a way that I’ll be comfortable that they won’t be mis-used. By offering the high-resolution images embedded in a PDF, with captioning and accompanying text, I think that this may be a solution which I’ll take great pleasure in continuing. Anyone will be able to view, download and print the photos, but in a format which I define and allow. If you have the newest version of Flash installed then you can view the document at full screen size. Here are a few tips on how to view a small preview PDF of a handful of photos from my honeymoon trip.
- Visit my Issuu page
- Click on the document you’d like to see. (There is only one right now.)
- Let the interface load; it should take a moment to initialize. You’ll then see the first page.
- To view the page larger, you can either click on it (“Click to zoom” will appear) or view the document at full-screen size. (The Fullscreen button is in the top left hand corner of the pale grey section of the screen.) This is by far the best way to view the document.
- In full screen or in regular viewing mode, put your mouse just outside against the right hand side of right handed pages, or just outside the left hand side of left handed pages. An arrow will appear: clicking on it will turn the page.
- In “full screen mode”, a toolbar will appear above the book. Clicking on the icon which is highlighted in the picture below (like a winners’ podium) will hide the lower navigation, thereby allowing the document to be displayed larger than before.
If you have any comments, problems, likes or dislikes, then please send me an email or add a comment to this blog post. I look forward to sharing more photos with you this way!
Leave a Reply