Late afternoon at Neuhaus, near Interlaken, 2020
Latest blog posts
- The forests of JuraTaking ourselves on a walk in the blissful isolation of the forests of Jura.
- Using colour profiles in LightroomBy applying the right colour profile to your photo, you can get a much more nuanced version than through simple editing.
- The right angle at Fingle BridgeGetting the best shot possible is all about chance, timing and consideration of the correct angle.
- Let a website be a worry stoneEthan and Jeremy shared some thoughts recently about how a side-project or personal website can be a way to either distract yourself from other worries, or to center yourself […]
- Ranz des vaches/lyôbaJo reminded me earlier of the Ranz des Vaches (or Lyôba), a classical Swiss alpine song which has stirred the hearts of many Swiss for years. It’s said that the song made those Swiss living abroad so homesick, that singing and playing it was banned amongst Swiss mercenaries in the eighteenth century, so as not to cause desertion.
About me and the site
Photography and programming since 1983. CMS developer since 2001. WordPress since 2004, TYPO3 since 2011 and agency partner since January 2019. I’m a British photographer, designer and web developer and I live in Switzerland with my wife Jo.
Permanent Tourist is my personal website. I came up with the name because I try to live like an interested visitor, whether at home or elsewhere.
Some statistics about the website
1,309 blog posts published since 2004
8,306 photos published since 2005
16 years online